Since I was three years old I’ve been wearing glasses. In the past fifteen years I’ve learned to love glasses whether they’re for vision improvement or for fashion statement. I would like to believe the perfect pair of glasses falls somewhere in between.
I often get asked why I don’t wear contacts. The answer is, I do wear contacts, just not a lot. I have contacts, I know how to put them in, take them out, clean them etc. But at the end of the day I prefer glasses.
For one I prefer feeling them on my face and occasionally pushing them back up the bridge of my nose. I prefer them as an accessory and getting the occasional compliment. I prefer glasses because they bring a comfort to me; a comfort that few things can give me, because as far as I’m concerned I’ve worn glasses as long as I can remember.
A while ago I came across Warby Parker an online eyewear company. When I first stumbled upon the store I didn’t give it too much thought, I bookmarked it and didn’t look at it for a while. However, I recently explored the store in great detail.
Some things I discovered were:
1) They’re ridiculously affordable at $95 a pair. Anyone who wears glasses knows the frame alone can run a couple hundred dollars.
2) They have a Toms policy, meaning when you buy a pair of glasses they give a pair of glasses to someone that needs them yet can’t afford them.
3) They work with non-profits and low income entrepreneurs to sell affordable glasses.
4) They have an amazing selection of frames, which can, either be filled with a Rx lenses or a tinted non Rx lenses.
5) I’m buying my next pair of glasses from here because I really like what this company is doing and I love their classic, vintage, thick frames.
Here are the four I’m choosing between, which one do you all like best?