Everyday at St.John’s University I always am surprised to see people getting dressed up for class. It keeps me wanting to do better myself. I’m not saying that you have to get dress up as if you’re going to a fashion show, but when people put in effort to present themselves nicely I appreciate it. Lex Thornton is one who falls into that category. His personal style is one unlike anyone I’ve come across. He mixes baggy with form fitting clothes and knows which colors work and ones that don’t. I sat down with him for an interview to see his personal thoughts on fashion.
Name: Lex Thornton
Who is your biggest inspiration from where you get your fashion sense from?
– My mom. I always admired the fact that she got dressed up to go out. My friends too. When reggae was popular, the clothes use to be more form fitting and that’s what my manz would wear, so that’s what I would wear.
Why do you choose to get dressed up for class?
– I would feel uncomfortable. It’s not like me to wake up and not get ready for the day.
What do you want to do with your gift (fashion-wise)?
– I want to be a print Model.
Where do you like to shop?
– H&M, Polo, and Ed Hardy.
What’s something you think will never go out of style?
– Fitted Pants.
How do you stay yourself when no one else around you dresses like you?
– I believe if you have a lot of self security and are comfortable with yourself then you won’t have to worry about it.
Last question, dress shoes or sneakers?
– Ahhh, that’s a tough one. I’d have to pick dress shoes, but I’m a boot guy actually.